Filed Under Download this! | 89,767 Views
This is a very old tip, but a very good one that not enough people knows about – when you don’t want to waste a blank CD or a DVD just to check if what you’ve downloaded works, or if you just want to test your disk image before burning it, Daemon Tools lets you create up to four virtual CD/DVD drives and assign the right file for the drive. The process is called mounting images and it’s really easy to do it.
How to Use Daemon Tools?
1. Download Daemon Tools program – although the new 4.x version deals with almost all protections and has some addons you can install, I still prefer the old version 3.47 as the new version comes with a 3d party advertising application (you can choose not to install it, it’s not spyware).
2. Install it.
3. Start it.
4. Right click on the new Daemon icon on the task bar.
5. Go to “Virtual CD/DVD-ROM” -> Set number of devices -> Choose your desired number of virtual drives -> Please wait.
6. Go to “Virtual CD/DVD-ROM” -> Device 0 [G:] No Media -> Mount Image -> Browse to the directory where you hold the image file (ISO, CUE, CCD, NRG, BWT, CDI, B5T, MDS, PDI) -> Please wait.
7. That’s it! You now have a new drive called G: and it contains all the files in the original image file and you can use the drive as you would have used a burned CD or DVD.
8. If you want to cancel the mounting, just select the “Unmount all drives” option under the Virtual CD/DVD-ROM menu.
Read more about disk images on Wikipedia.